Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council

The students at RDHS wish to thanks the Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council and the Ravensthorpe IGA for supporting this project.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Sculptures Found!

The first wave of sculptures have been completed and a re slowly being released into the community.  Some students  have become quite attached to their creations and are opting to hang onto them for a while before setting them free.

So far we have heard from Number 5, a crocodile left on a bench by the beach in Hopetoun.  It was found by someone..."Compliments to the artist, very well done". and is now on it's way to Perth.

Sculpture Number 12 was found in Rangeview Park Ravensthorpe...
"My family and I stopped for a picnic on our way to Esperance yesterday (24th May) and happened across Number 12 at a park in Ravensthorpe.

 It was great to find something that has a story attached, which has set our imaginations running as to where Number 12 might go!"


Sculpture Number 16 was secretly placed on the office chair of our school Principal...
I have found a piece of Art (Artwork Number 16)!! It was on my chair in my Office J. It was a wonderful surprise and I am extremely impressed with the artist who made it, it was tremendous! I will be leaving Ravensthorpe next week for a few days and will be sure to take it with me and leave it somewhere “unusual and unexpected” for someone else to find and admire.
 Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to participate in this wonderful opportunity. I look forward to seeing where Artwork Number 16 ends up!



The students are very much enjoying hearing about where their sculptures are turning up and who is finding them, so please, if you happen across one then let us know by emailing foundart@westnet.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment