Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council

The students at RDHS wish to thanks the Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council and the Ravensthorpe IGA for supporting this project.

Friday 15 June 2012

Penguin found in freezer!

We just heard from Julia this morning who sent in this heartmelting tale.  Thank you for sharing such a personal story Julia, we love that our art has touched you so...we think you must have been destined to find that special little guy in amongst the frozen fish!


Hello,


Thank-you for creating such a beautiful little creature - penguin.!

I felt indeed privileged to have found your creation on my way home; late from work.

 Your artwork and creative genre inspired me and warmed my heart. I found the  little penguin in the fish freeze box in the Ravensthorpe IGA.


I called into the IGA on my way home from work at the Hopetoun/Ravensthorpe Medical. I am the Practice Nurse for Dr. Lochner.

It was dark and cold and I did not really want to go home. My son had recently died and he was ( with Ministerial permission) buried in my garden. I was feeling sad, but had nowhere to go but "home to my camel farm".

I thought that I would like to have some fish for dinner.

 So I called into the Daw'sIGA . While I was looking for my choice of fish I sighted the strange little creature, close to a packet of frozen fish. I smiled and gently embraced the little creature to find that he/she was indeed a penguin.

The little creature brought me much warmth and comfort as my beloved son was an artist, majoring in sculpture and used to make many such sculptures.

I told Sam (IGA) that I had found the little creature and was going to bring him/her home.

I just wanted to tell you that your beloved creation is safe and well with me, and as much as I would love to keep the little penguin I have put him/her into my basket of "teddy bear" that I give out to the children at the Hopetoun Surgery. He is warm and safe for the time being.

I have taken a picture and will send you one.

I am going to put the little creature on Dr. Manus Lochner's desk next week. He is off to America next month ..so your little creation will find it's way across the oceans to another land. I do hope that you hear the whereabouts of such a beautiful little gift of creation and love.

Thank-you for bringing creation, art and love into my life.

May you all blossom in your love of Art.



Julia from Eremia and her Camels.




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story. I hope the children are enjoying hearing about their art pieces travels and the joy it is bringing to the lucky finders!

    ReplyDelete