Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council

The students at RDHS wish to thanks the Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council and the Ravensthorpe IGA for supporting this project.

Friday 8 June 2012

Number 11 turns up in local shop

Here is the latest reply from a local who found number 11 whilst casually doing the shopping.


Hello wonderful artists from Ravensthorpe District High School.


I have found a very impressive animal recently at Daw"s shop IGA, sitting on a small, green outdoor setting table -close to the cash registers. As I was approaching the registers this lovely artwork caught my eye.

 It was just quietly minding its own business! The little tag tells me that it is Number 11.

 I am sending it on its way and hope it makes its way to somewhere special...maybe even Paris or London!

I'm sorry I am not a traveller at the moment to share some interesting information with you about myself, however I have a little story for you.

I was teaching at Munglinup Primary many years ago. One day my friends and I went to visit another friend nicknamed Pinky. He was not home, but we noticed a load of mallee roots in a wheelbarrow near his front door. Being school teachers and not having very good access to stumps for our fire we 'borrowed' his mallee roots and left a note in his wheelbarrow from the stumps saying," We are sorry but we have decided to go on holiday and not stay in your wheelbarrow any longer."

We then contacted all our family and friends who we knew were travelling around Australia and overseas to send our friend Pinky a postcard from wherever they were and sign it saying, "Love from your Mallee Roots."

So Pinky ended up receiving postcards from his mallee roots from Singapore, London, Broome etc. Much to our delight he confided to us that this really weird thing was happening and he was receiving posrtcards from his holidaying wheelbarrow of mallee roots! It was very difficult for us to keep a straight face. Hee hee!

We had so much fun with that one and your Found Art project reminds me so much of this little prank. Thankyou for rekindling some fond memories. We did in fact own up  to Pinky in the end and secretly I think he enjoyed the prank as much as us!
 

Good luck with your project. It is such a fabulous idea.

2 comments:

  1. I know Pinky so this story made me smile and have a quite chuckle to myself. How inventive of you.

    I am desperate to find an Art Piece myself!

    ReplyDelete