Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council

The students at RDHS wish to thanks the Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council and the Ravensthorpe IGA for supporting this project.

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Number 37


Well hello Ravensthorpe High School art students!

I have found the piece of artwork titled Artwork #37! He was a delightful little lizard! I have named him Lou, because well, I did find him in the Lou! I hope that is ok! Let me tell you a little bit about myself and my adventure with Lou.

My name is Lexie. I am 23 years old and I am currently visiting Australia from the United States of America! I am here with my mother and we are visiting my mom's best friend, aka my Aunty Karen. When I found Lou, I had been on a two week road trip with my mother and aunty! My day was terrible, but when I went into the gas station, there was this miraculous lizard! I was so overwhelmed at finding him, that I got very teary eyed. I think this program that you guys are doing is wonderful! I took Lou with me from Raventhorpe to Albany, Denmark, and Peaceful Bay. Along the way he got to see Whale World, Elephant Rocks, and he even got to go to the Tree Top walk! That is where I said goodbye to him and left him with a wonderful note! I have taken pictures to show you guys where he has been! Again, I hope it was ok that I named him. Thank you so much for letting me be apart of this journey! I have one month left to be here in Australia, I can only hope that someone has as much fun with him as I have!

 
Lexie

Thanks Lexie, our sculptures are actually made by the Primary school students, so ages from 5 to 13.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lexie, thank you for making our day! We are so pleased that you found 'Lou' and took him on your exciting travels. My son Jhett (6) designed the lizard in art class at school here in Ravensthorpe.

    He was really reluctant to release his lizard and I had to sneak him out of the house while he was at school!

    He is teary eyed now listening to your story and so glad that he made you smile on a sad day. We would love to see your photos. Happy travels to you and your mum ;)

    ReplyDelete